A little clarification on the directions: The town is Bruno, not Kerrick.
From I-35 take the Highway 23 exit east to the town of Bruno (about ten
miles). Turn right at CR 43 and drive through town until the road comes to a
T. Turn left (still CR 43) and go about half a mile (parallel to RR tracks),
then take a right at the first intersection (still CR 43). The feeder is at
the first house on the left, easily visible from the road.

And as Steve mentioned, if you have any questions drop me an email. I do
plan to drop by there this weekend, I only live about 5 miles away.

On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 10:03 AM, Steve Weston <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>  On Monday we participated in the Pine County CBC.  Highlights included
> fresh tracks that we ID'd as probably fisher tracks.  We would have loved to
> seen the animal.  Jim Ryan initially found a towhee at a feeder, which Deb
> Sewell and I were able to see as it hunkered down in the brush.   Lynn
> Schoenborn returned the next day and took wonderful photos after waiting out
> the bird.   This would be a first county record of a Spotted Towhee.  I can
> send these pictures to anyone who wants to see and will post them on the MOU
> website, if she is amenible.  I personally thought that we had an Eastern
> Towhee and this is a second bird, but I doubt that there would be two
> there.  Photos are so much better than the eye for this kind of ID.  Also at
> the feeder was a first record for the CBC of a Red-winged Blackbird and a
> Cardinal.
>
> Directions to the bird:   From Kerrick on Hwy 23 go east to CR44 and turn
> left.  The road will parallel the railroad and turn east at the first
> intersection.  The feeder is at the first house.   gps: 46.29/-92.69.  The
> bird has been coming to the feeder for at least several days and usually
> hunkers down in the dogwood brush east of the house when not at the feeder.
> Deb Sewell, who is from the area and saw the bird with us, is planning on
> going out again this weekend to find the bird.  I would suggest coordinating
> with her, if you have any questions.
>
>  Interesting is that the MOU data base reports just four winter records
> for the Eastern Towhee, but the CBC database reports over 20 found across
> the state.
>
> Steve Weston on Quiggley Lake in Eagan, MN

Deb Sewell
My blog: http://whitepines.blogspot.com