Right now, I think Wave is more a toy than a full tool.  Part of that is its
feature set isn't complete and part is that we're all treating it like a
toy.  What I think Wave is ultimately going to become is a unified interface
for Web 2.0.  If they manage to integrate the service into social networks
and blogs and forums and so on, we'll have one interface for the majority of
online contribution and collaboration.  Sure it's advertised as the next
iteration of email, but I think its greater contribution will be to
standardize the interface through which the majority of people interact with
the web.

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 9:19 PM, Peter Fleck <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Google Wave has been fairly successful in organizing the Other Future of
> News (OFON) conference. Julio Ojeda-Zapata provides some details at the Pi
> Press site.
>

> http://blogs.twincities.com/yourtechweblog/2009/12/local-media-writer-harnesses-google-wave-for-planning.html

> Peter Fleck
> 612-424-5107