Drop the "wmode=transparent" from the <embed> tag to fix that.

There are lots of weird issues with QT embeds in Safari in SL.  Cookies not being passed (only if safari is running 64bit), server not being contacted, etc.  It's annoying enough that the next release of MM will use the video tag for Safari4 QT playback, as it doesn't seem to have any of the same issues.

-Colin