Hello AMSA members!

AMSA is cosponsoring the "Bedside Ultrasound" lunch lecture for the entire
first and second year classes.  The event takes place this Monday over lunch
in the 2nd Year classroom. We'll have simulation devices, student models,
and enough Qdoba burritos to feed an army (literally, one for each student
in attendance)!  Please join us for an amazing event!  See the following
email and attached flyer for more information.

Thanks,

Cori Russell
AMSA President

Recently, the student body has seen a growing need for bedside ultrasound
training as a part of competency in our future medical practice.  As a
result, medical students have come together under a collective initiative to
advocate for the incorporation of bedside ultrasound training into our
medical school curriculum. The current first year medical school class would
like to invite all medical students of the University to attend a lunch
lecture covering current research in bedside ultrasound and its
potential integration into our school's educational curriculum.

The lecture is to be held on *Monday, January 11th, 12:00 PM, in Moos Towers
2-650*.  (See attached flyer.)

Dr. Robert Reardon, director of HCMC's Emergency Medicine fellowship in
Ultrasound, will be speaking to students, administration, and course
directors about new developments in ultrasound technology, its benefit to
modern medicine, and its proven improvement of patient health outcomes in a
variety of clinical cases.  Additionally, students will have the opportunity
to practice ultrasound-guided procedures on simulation devices and student
models.  This is your opportunity to engage with other students and
University administrative faculty who are interested in bringing this
crucial training to our school.

On behalf of the University of Minnesota Medical School Student Council,
OSR, AMSA, CDIG, EMIG, and IMIG, we welcome your attendance and
participation.