From: Pruitt, Crystal N. <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 5:22 PM
Subject: Patient Safety and Quality Care Conference - Mayo

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to let you all know about the upcoming Patient Safety and
Quality Care Conference that the Mayo Medical School AMSA chapter is hosting
March 19-21st, in Rochester, Minnesota. It is going to be an incredibly
informative weekend with sessions led by Mayo experts from various
specialties, tours of Mayo facilities, a networking reception, & information
on how students can get involved.

The conference begins at noon on Friday and the first day’s sessions will be
aimed at giving everyone a foundational understanding of patient safety and
quality care issues. We understand that some may be unable to make it on
Friday due to academic obligations; therefore the information covered will
be available to all attendees via an electronic syllabus. However, we
strongly encourage everyone to join us for the Friday sessions, which have
some great speakers as well as a comprehensive course taught by faculty from
Mayo’s Quality Academy. The remainder of the conference will focus on how
Mayo actively approaches patient safety and quality care issues and
integrates improvement efforts into patient care. In addition, the
conference will show how we as physicians-in-training can be more involved
in improving patient safety and quality care at our home institutions and
ultimately learn the tools necessary to improve our patient outcomes as
physicians.