Today (6 Feb.) there were two adult male Barrow's Goldeneyes in the
Mississippi River at the far east end of Lake Pepin (Wabasha Co.).
One is probably the same male I reported here on 16 January, but the
other was new. They remained about 1/2 mile apart. These plus the
first-year male also found on 16 Jan. make a total of at least three
different BAGO in this 1/2-mile stretch of river in the past 3 weeks.
Earlier in the morning I found an adult Mute Swan in the open water
northwest of the road to Lock and Dam #3 (Prairie Island, Goodhue
Co.). It was associating with 10 Trumpeter Swans. I watched it take
off, circle, and then land again after a strong 30-sec. flight; I
presume it is wild. In late afternoon, the adult male Harlequin Duck
was standing on the ice at Pt. Douglas Park (Washington Co.), near
Prescott, WI.

Bruce A. Fall, Minneapolis