Hey birders,

I was unable to relocate the Lesser Black-backed Gull on Crystal Lake in Lake Crystal.  I checked that lake plus Lily and Loon and while there were gulls (mostly Herring), there were no Lesser Black-backed Gulls.  Those lakes are starting to open up and I did see some new waterfowl with Common Goldeneye, Hooded Merganser, and Common Merganser.

I also received a second-hand report of a Townsend's Solitaire at Minneopa State Park on the prairie road toward the western end where the dead oaks stick up above the prairie.  That bird was seen on Monday but not relocated yesterday by Dave Johnson.

Chad Heins
Mankato, MN