April 12, 2010

MinneWebCon 2010 is less then six weeks away! Here's the latest about the region's third annual web design and social media conference:

1. Sessions and speakers:  Our 12 regular breakout sessions have been finalized  details about them are now on the web site.
     ("unconference" discussion sessions are still being finalized, and information about them will be added very soon)

2. Registration: Online registration opened last month, and the conference is almost half full.  Our rates remain the same as in 2008 and 2009:

* Standard registration: $200

* With University of MN staff discount: $150*

* With student discount (any school): $100

3. Free stuff tech books: We're once again giving away a limited number of tech books to the first people who check in on the morning of Monday April 12 (check-in will begin at 7:45 a.m., one hour before the morning keynote). The first shipment of books arrived last month from New Riders.

4. More free stuff commemorative poster: This year there's something completely new and very exciting we've commissioned art!  Every conference attendee will receive a limited edition Adam Turman silkscreened poster. Adam is a 1999 graphic design graduate of the U of M, so we couldn't be happier to partner with him on this event poster.

5. Tech MN podcast: Jeff Pesek of Tech.MN interviewed me about MinneWebCon in late February. If you're interested in hearing how the conference came to be and what it's about, take a listen!

For more information and to register, please visit: http://www.minnewebcon.umn.edu/

Sincerely,

Kris Layon

Note - Please email or call me if you would like to be removed from this mailing list.

* - U of M staff may pay with EFS, credit card, U purchasing card, or check.

Kristofer D. Layon, director
MinneWebCon  :  Web  :  Twitter  :  Facebook
Office of the Senior Vice President for System Academic Administration
University of Minnesota Twin Cities
Minneapolis, MN USA