Print

First of all, congratulations for helping to make AMSA the SUA's Outstanding Graduate Student Group of 2009!

In our ongoing pursuit of outstanding-ness, we need your help! Our Better World Books fundraiser is now up and running, and there are several tasks that we need volunteers for.  (Just to fill you in, our partnership with the non-profit Better World Books works like this:  We collect books of any type from students at the end of the term.  Collection sites will be in classrooms in the AHC and at the Coffman Bookstore book buy back table.  We box the books up and send them to BWB, who sells them online, gives us $.50 each, and donates the rest of the proceeds to charities including Books For Africa.  Everybody wins, but we need a lot of help on our end.)

Please check out this google document and sign up to volunteer:
https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0ATTtwnbxrXK5ZGRybW42Z25fMjlnNm52amtncw&hl=en

An overview of the tasks:

1. Collections from Coffman bookstore- during spring semester book buy, Coffman will have a collection bin in place. Exact dates tbd, but most likely during undergrad finals week, May 10-15. 2 volunteers needed daily to collect donations from coffman and take them to storage in phi chi. Time commitment: 30 minutes.

2. Packaging donations for shipment- following the collection period, we will box up the donations and ship them back to BWB. Date tbd, sometime during week of 5/17. Time commitment: 1-2 hours. FOOD: BWB has given us a grant to provide dinner at this event!

3. Donations- please take a gander through your old books and donate what you can!

Thanks!
~ your outstanding AMSA officers

Michael Lane
(386)631-7711