Hello,

Tomorrow is our last regularly-scheduled web standards meeting of this academic year. To RSVP, please use the web form at:

http://www.saa.umn.edu/webstandards/register

(form closes at 10:30 a.m. tomorrow)

For topics, we currently have Tonu Mikk interested in giving us an overview of Contao (formerly called TYPOlight --- I always thought that having TYPO in one's brand name might be a bit misguided!).  Contao is an open source web CMS, and Disability Services has found that it particularly excels in the area of accessibility (that is, in site creation and management, not just content output).

Another topic that has been suggested is an update on the U's use of the Google Search Appliance.  I think it's been a while since we've covered this so if time permits, we may address it tomorrow.

Finally, a reminder that Dan Sagisser, Media Producer and Web Designer in the College of Education and Human Development (CEHD), has volunteered to lead UMN Web Standards going forward. So part of tomorrow will be devoted to me introducing Dan, and to give him some time to provide any introductory comments, seek suggestions, etc.  Thanks for taking on this responsibility, Dan, and being willing to help lead and support the U's web design community!

Sincerely,

Kris Layon
UMN Web Standards

Kristofer D. Layon
Director of Web Design & Online Collaboration
612.624.4545  :  [log in to unmask]  :  http://blog.lib.umn.edu/layo0002/work/
Office of the Senior Vice President for System Academic Administration
University of Minnesota Twin Cities
http://www.academic.umn.edu/system/