Why not z.umn.edu? Find it at https://z.umn.edu/zUser.php

Blaine

On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 2:13 PM, Craig Gjerdingen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Recently we moved away from a homebrew CMS service and one thing that it
had that we haven't found a good replacement for yet is Vanity URL
management.

So if a link is on /events/event.aspx?id=hrtomorrow

and they want to publish it on a mailing piece as /hrtomorrow

I'm looking for a web front end with a UI and user management that will allow
people to manage their own urls. I'd like it not all to be handled virtually
(meaning the paths don't actually get created on the server.)

Let me know how you handle this or if you've seen a package that will do it.

This would be similar to a URL shorten-er, but shortening isn't the purpose.

This is the only thing I've found so far.

http://nemesisswitchboard.codeplex.com/

Suggestions don't have to be open source.

Thanks,

Craig Gjerdingen