Hotline: Minnesota Statewide
Date: August 27, 2010
Sponsor: Minnesota Ornithologists' Union (MOU) http://moumn.org
Reports: (763) 780-8890
Compiler: Anthony Hertzel ([log in to unmask])

This is the Minnesota Birding Report for August 26th, 2010.

I have a report of a LARK BUNTING from Sherburne County on the 17th, but no details. The bird was apparently seen along the Mahnomen Trail in Sherburne NWR, but I have no specifics directions or location. Habitat here seems atypical for Lark Bunting.

Unusual was the secondhand report of a FRIGATEBIRD from August 26th from near the Hazeltine golf course in Carver County but again, I have no details.

A PRAIRIE FALCON was banded on the 25th in Lakewood Township north of Duluth, St. Louis County.

The next scheduled update of this tape is September 2nd, 2010.