Hi Everyone:

Inspired by Nuria and Liz's presentation, I wrote some JavaScript which will automatically add click handlers which will track your the file downloads. It utilizes the Prototype framework, but a similar idea could be ported to jQuery, or whatever. I would love constructive criticism (off list) if you think the code could be improved or if you think I should add details to the post, but please nothing condescending!

Solution posted here:

http://blog.lib.umn.edu/oir/2010/11/tracking-file-downloads-wgoogle-analytics.html

--
David Peterson