Where do the Barrow's Goldeneyes and Harlequin Ducks that appear in
Minnesota come from?  Do they come from the Rockies or from Maritime Canada?

My guess is that the vast majority of Harlequin Ducks that show up in
Minnesota come from the northeast, especially the Lake Superior and Twin
Cities birds, but what about the Fergus Falls bird?  I would put even money
that the Fergus Falls bird comes from the Rockies.

I believe that the Barrow's Goldeneye has a very small population (about
4000 birds) in the northeast and much larger population (200,000+) in the
northwest.  Does that northeast population account for the birds on Lake
Superior and in the Twin Cities?

Mark Otnes
Fargo, ND
701-241-4194