Erik, thank you for your post regarding Kaposia Landing.  I was there
yesterday and today, and found it to be a terrific place to see birds on
the Mississippi.  After scanning many ring-billed gulls, I found the
Iceland gull that you had reported, though I'm not that good at gulls
and can't be sure that it wasn't a glaucous.  It was all white without
black wingtips.  There were also lots of other birds, many of them
feeding and in constant motion - hundreds of common mergansers and
goldeneyes, about 30 eagles, 6 trumpeter swans, 3 great blue herons
and 2 white pelicans.  Unlike the others, the herons and the pelicans
kept their heads down and looked really cold.  For anyone thinking
about visiting, Kaposia Landing is a new park about 1 mile north of I-
494, at the intersection of Concord and Bryant.  The best lighting is
afternoon, before 3:30.  Most of the trail along the river is wide open,
so even the slightest breeze can feel quite cold - dress warmly and
enjoy the birds!