Hey Web Standards:

Since it is a short week before a holiday, I thought I'd pose
an interesting (to me at least) question to the people on this list who
track analytics and web usage:

The Minnesota Vikings vs Chicago Bears ESPN Monday Night Football  game was
played at TCF Bank Stadium here on campus, as I'm sure everyone knew. The
game received lots of national exposure after the Metrodome caved in on
itself, so the interest was high. This was reflected in the national ratings
for the game, which came in at 27.5 MILLION viewers (source cited:
http://kstp.com/article/stories/s1892947.shtml). That means that 27.5
million people had the University of Minnesota on their radar last Monday.

My question is, did any of the sites you administer see a traffic spike that
may correlate with this exposure? It would be great to share anything you
might have found, specifically if anyone on this list works directly with
the umn.edu domain...

--
David Peterson
IT Professional