From: Minnesota Center for Philosophy of Science <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 10:37 AM
Subject: Special invitation to American Medical Student Association (AMSA) members to upcoming MCPS talk"
To: [log in to unmask]

Dear Ms Sood

I am writing because the Minnesota Center for Philosophy of Science (MCPS) is sponsoring an upcoming talk that we hope might be of interest to members of the American Medical Student Association (AMSA). The talk will be given by Carl Elliott, Professor in the Center for Bioethics, at the University of Minnesota. Professor Elliott will discuss implications of the integration of medicine and business in the con

text of clinical research; his talk will address issues ranging from experimental design to the humane treatment of patients.

Please see the attached description. Information is also available at http://www.mcps.umn.edu/events/colloquia.html

We would be delighted to have you and members of your group attend Professor Elliott's talk. Please forward this message if you think your members would be interested. If you would like a poster for the talk, we would be happy to provide them. If you would like further information or would like to integrate this talk into your programming, please let me know.

Best wishes,

C. Kenneth Waters
Professor of Philosophy and Scholar of the College
Director, Minnesota Center for Philosophy of Science
Director of Graduate Studies, Studies of Science and Technology
University of Minnesota

fax: 612-626-8380

--
Janet McKernan
Minnesota Center for Philosophy of Science