Listserv for the International Society
for the History, Philosophy, and Social Studies of Biology

(see the end of this message for directions on
how to subscribe and unsubscribe from this
listserv)

This listserv sends out brief descriptions only.
For further details, follow the link listed.

Please send me items to post to the list that
would be of interest to Society members:
position announcements, postdoctoral
announcements, grant and funding opportunities,
conference announcements, calls for papers, and
brief queries on research topics.  The sooner you
send me something, the more likely that I will be
able to have it posted before its deadline.

Thanks!

Roberta L. Millstein
Listserv Moderator, International Society for
History, Philosophy, and Social Studies of Biology

1. The journal Filosofia e História da Biologia
started in 2006, and now in its volume 5, has a
full version online.
<http://www.ishpssb.org/listserv/20110129-1.html>http://www.ishpssb.org/listserv/20110129-1.html

2. Announcing a new journal, Bionomina:
International Journal of Biological Nomenclature
& Terminology.  Bionomina offers an
interdisciplinary forum for general discussions
of terminology, naming practices, and concept use
in different parts of biology. The journal is
edited by biologists, historians and philosophers
of biology, and solicits contributions from these
groups of researchers.
<http://www.ishpssb.org/listserv/20110129-2.html>http://www.ishpssb.org/listserv/20110129-2.html

3. The Barrett Honors College of Arizona State
University invites applications for a non-tenure
track faculty position in the social or natural
sciences.  Each faculty member normally teaches
three to four seminar classes of fewer than 20
students each semester. Review of applications
will begin on March 4, 2011 on a rolling basis
until the position is filled.
<http://www.ishpssb.org/listserv/20110129-3.html>http://www.ishpssb.org/listserv/20110129-3.html

**************************** End of announcements **************************

--
DIRECTIONS FOR SUBSCRIBING
  Send an email message to:

DIRECTIONS FOR UNSUBSCRIBING
  Send an email message to:
  with the following in the body of the message:
        SIGNOFF ISHPSB-L
Professor Roberta L. Millstein
Listserv Moderator, International Society for
History, Philosophy, and Social Studies of Biology
<http://www.ishpssb.org/>

Listserv archives: <http://lists.umn.edu/archives/ishpsb-l.html>

Snail mail:
Department of Philosophy