Hi Theresa,
We setup our departments with Contribute (several different versions) for our sites and I haven't found a good fix for this error.

Since the page will publish correctly despite the error, and the error doesn't appear every time, most of our users now ignore it.

I've also had some success with discarding the draft and re-editing. A tedious one I read but haven't gotten to work: copy and paste an existing link from an editable region. Then, edit the link text and URL.

Hope this helps,
Dan