Hi Ann,

Hope that helps!

Nuria

--
Nuria Sheehan
Marketing Lead, Web and Media
College of Education and Human Development
University of Minnesota
ph: 612-625-5779
email: [log in to unmask]

Can't get a hold of me?
Contact the web team at [log in to unmask]

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 3:34 PM, Shane Nackerud <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Ann--

There are a couple of ways to be notified when someone posts and entry to your blog.  One is through the MT-Notifier plugin.  Go to Tools -> Plugins -> MT Notifier -> Settings and install the MT-Notifier Blog Subscription widget.  Then, go into Design -> Widgets and (literally) drag the newly installed widget into one of your widget sets.  People can then enter their email address to be notified when a new entry is posted to the blog, you included.  Give me a call if this doesn't make sense.

Or you could just subscribe to the automatic Atom feed created for the blog.  That will do the same thing, except you have to regularly check your aggregator for new entries then.  In fact, you could create a separate Atom/RSS feed for each of your blog authors.  That may be overkill though.

Movable Type will automatically alert the author of an entry when a comment has been added to that entry.  What Movable Type can't do (for now) is email someone other than the author of an entry that a comment has been added.  We could probably add a plugin for that, but honestly we've had some issues with third-party plugins.  They are usually crappy.

Like I said, give me a call if you have any questions.  Hopefully this helps.

Shane