Yes, Theresa, there is a hidden WordPress cadre at the U of MN
fighting against the hordes who would have you use Drupal or UMContent
and proving that life can be much easier in the world of web
development.

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

I know Patrick Johnson at the new LT Media Lab is investing heavily in
WordPress. Tell him I sent you.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/LTMediaLab
http://lt.umn.edu/

Minneapolis has a very vibrant WordPress community. You can plug in to
it via the Google Group.
http://groups.google.com/group/mpls-stpaul-wordpress?hl=en

Tooting horn: Toby Cryns and I will be doing a WP session at
Minnewebcon. Toby is often known as "Mr. WordPress" in these parts.
http://minnewebcon.umn.edu/sessions.php#fleck

Peter

On Mar 8, 2011, at 7:23 PM, Kristofer Layon wrote:

> And to add to Tony: WP has a "Pages" module as well as (blog)
> "Entries", so it can work well for managing more traditional site
> content (minus blog elements like commenting, etc.). That's how I
> use the regular edition of WP for a personal web site.
>

> On Mar 8, 2011, at 5:56 PM, Tony Thomas <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> We used it at my former job and I use it on several side projects
>> as well.
>>
>> To add to Kris' comments, I know Best Buy uses WordPress MU to
>> support something like 500 store blogs with nearly 1,000 users. In
>> other words, it seems to scale well for enterprise level
>> applications.
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 5:12 PM, Kristofer Layon <[log in to unmask]>
>> wrote:
>> I don't use it here at work, but I do note that WordPress MU (Multi
>> User) might be a good option in this context.
>>
>> And based on two HighEdWeb conferences that I've attended, there
>> seems to be a lot of WordPress MU use across higher ed.  In case
>> you're involved in the HighEdWeb community --- that could be
>> another good source of ideas and support.
>>
>> Kris
>>

>> Kristofer D. Layon
>> Web Design & Social Media
>> 612.624.4545  :  http://z.umn.edu/klayon  :  http://twitter.com/
>> klayon
>> - - - - - -
>> Office of the Senior Vice President for System Academic
>> Administration
>> University of Minnesota Twin Cities
>> http://www.academic.umn.edu/system/communications/
>>
>> On Mar 8, 2011, at 4:34 PM, Theresa Tichich wrote:
>>
>>> Is anyone working with WordPress?
>>>
>>> --
>>> .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .... .. .. .. .. ..
>>>
>>> Theresa Tichich
>>> Web and Multimedia Services Manager
>>> College of Design
>>> University of Minnesota