Since this was a vague email at it's best, I will stick my neck out for the UThink blogs. They use the Movable Type framework. We use this for our department, and you can embedded RSS feeds or whatever in your site. I looked into Word Press but did not want to get into maintaining the software. The only issue is your are stuck on the Libraries schedule, but they have been very good with support, etc. It has built in x500 users already, so any one in your department can easily be added, etc.

If you are simply going for the easiest route, check it out. That said, WP offers many other things besides just the blogging side, but if you are looking just for the blog piece, check it out.

Dave