To follow-up on Jim's question via the list, here are the key parts of HTML I used to make the Google Feed parser work.  All of the XSLT magic is on the Google server, because these are the only elements that I'm using in the HTML itself!

This goes before </head>:

<!-- start Google Feed -->

<!cript type="text/javascript" src="https://www.google.com/jsapi?key=ABQIAAAApEbd5r5X-pf6jKL6axpBThT3X-yv_ogJWuiKfOuRWmdQwUCE7BQueYBjWCmbi2e4hlBDiEFtmzYr1w"></script>
<!cript type="text/javascript">

    google.load("feeds", "1");

    function initialize() {
        // Create a feed control
  	var feedControl = new google.feeds.FeedControl();
  	feedControl.addFeed("http://blog.lib.umn.edu/acadweb/engagingu/index.xml", "");
	feedControl.setNumEntries(4);
  	feedControl.draw(document.getElementById("feed"));
    }
    google.setOnLoadCallback(initialize);

</script>

<!-- end Google Feed -->

And all that it takes to publish the 4 most current 4 blog entries into the page's content area is this little empty div:

Note that using this requires a Google API Key (I've highlighted mine in red).  You can get one yourself via Google, somewhere in their maze of web pages.

And finally, of course, I apply some style to the feed div in the site's css file.  Though I'm not bragging about the style --- this site is a bit in limbo at the moment, recently updated but with plans for more redesign based on a new communications strategy (that's not yet completed).  But if anything, one key element of the plan will be to pull in many more feeds than this one --- from U colleges and centers, as well as from other places that do public engagement work and scholarship.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Kris

Kristofer D. Layon
Web Design & Social Media
612.624.4545  :  http://z.umn.edu/klayon  :  http://twitter.com/klayon
Office of the Senior Vice President for System Academic Administration
University of Minnesota Twin Cities
http://www.academic.umn.edu/system/communications/