I think we would use the "Event tracking".  From what I can tell that function adds a javascript component to the log-based tracking, and that would potentially give us the flexibility to track  the task pathways for the student service applications  (Registration, Financial Aid Status, Student Account, etc.)  This has been our biggest analytical challenge.

We do currently have a custom privacy statement and use both Urchin and GA; Sometimes I'm miffed that I get two sets of results for the same time period-- although the difference is one of degree, not one of pattern.

Santiago