Hi everyone,
  I also saw the Summer Tanager at Carpenter Nature Center today. I arrived at around 12:40 pm but didn't locate it until 1:55 pm. I flushed the bird from near the front of the orchard store along the fenceline. There are some orange berries here where the bird flushed from and it flew back to this area again around 2:20 pm.
  There were some folks from Wisconsin also looking for the bird while I was there but unfortunately I believe they left about 10 minutes before I found it.
  There was also a Fox Sparrow and a Red-breasted Nuthatch hitting the feeders plus there were two Cackling Geese at Point Douglas.

Good birding!

Dave Bartkey
Faribault,MM