Dear Folks Responsible for Migrating Your Infrastructure to Shibboleth :)
A few weeks ago we sent a survey to the net-people, code-people, and web-standards lists, and the ITLA asking for input to help planning for a Shibboleth Workshop. In reviewing the responses, we've identified several key expectations for the workshop as well as early adopters in the community willing to help out. Response summary charts
are available if you are interested.
We were happy to find that the responses were in line with the workshop format we were thinking of:
We're bringing together folks from the IDM team and OIA Linux team, as well as early adopters of Shibboleth across the University, to collaborate and help kickstart the CAH to Shibboleth conversion process. The goal is for you to leave with at least one Apache or IIS server set up and integrated against the UMN test IdP. We hope that the knowledge, people, approaches, and tools you learn about during the workshop will save time in the short-run and result in a more maintainable solution in the long-run.
- 45m-1h lecture
- Key concepts (Chris Bongaarts)
- End-to-end implementation on Apache with Perl, also differences between IIS (Chris Bongaarts)
- Language overview for PHP, Rails, ASP, and .NET (Joe Goggins)
- Shibboleth SP config and deployment automation (Joe Goggins)
- 2h hands-on learning
- Pair-up with someone and get your Shibboleth on.
- The IDM team will be available throughout the workshops to add your service provider metadata immediately.
- A representative from the OIA Linux team will be available to assist in OIT Linux VM/Apache questions.
- Early adopters who have volunteered to help will also be available to assist as well.
REQUIRED before attending
Working installations of the Apache or IIS Native Service provider installations on the servers you wish to configure during the workshop.
This DOES NOT mean a fully working configuration, rather, that you've simply installed the package (or installer for IIS + setup the ISAPI filter). See this page for details: https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/display/SHIB2/Installation.
- Sufficient privileges to restart Apache or IIS and the Shibboleth Daemon/Service.
- A laptop with SSH or RDP that you can use to connect to your servers.
- You must RSVP below by November 29th at 5pm.
Recommended before attending
When and Where
We've reserved two active learning classrooms to conduct two 3 hour workshops.
There are 72 seats available for these workshops, gett'em while they are hot by clicking the above links to RSVP before Nov 29th!
-joe (on behalf of the Code-People Committee and the OIT Identity Management group)
Joe Goggins, Web Developer
Academic Support Resources
160 Williamson Hall
[log in to unmask]