We actually just started doing them by hand, it seemed to be the only good
way to deliver HTML5 video.  A big part of it was that WebM seemed to be
the way to go for Fire Fox and Chrome.. but it has such limited support.

We do use media mill for the flash fall back still, which works great.
It's way more work to set up, but it's ends up compatible and easy to
maintain in the end, especially if your college as tons and tons of ipads
around.

http://www.cehd.umn.edu/ssw/videos/msw.asp

-Dan

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 1:47 PM, Gabe Ormsby <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Thanks!
>
> -Gabe
>
> On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 1:31 PM, Colin McFadden <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> > Best bet is probably to use the media mill beta -
> > http://mediamill.cla.umn.edu/mediamill2/ which generates html5 embeds
> using
> > iframes.  The javascript method used by the current live copy is pretty
> > fragile.  iframes seem to be the method of choice used by other html5-y
> > video sites…
> > So, code ends up just being something like this:
> >
> > <iframe
> > src="
> http://mediamill.cla.umn.edu/mediamill2//embedhtml5.php?media_id=122619&playable=true
> "
> > frameborder=0 width=480 height=310>
> > </iframe>
> >
> > -Colin
> >
> > On Nov 28, 2011, at 1:28 PM, Gabe Ormsby wrote:
> >
> > Anybody out there have experience successfully generating html5
> > (h.264) video in MediaMill and embedding a player widget to display
> > it? We're not having much luck with the sample embed code-we keep
> > getting Flash output despite out attempts to click all the right
> > boxes.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Gabe
> >
> > --
> > Gabe Ormsby
> > Web Project Coordinator
> > 612-625-6221
> > Office of the Senior Vice President for System Academic Administration
> > University of Minnesota
> > http://www.academic.umn.edu/system/

> > Colin McFadden
> > Email: [log in to unmask]
> > Cell: (612)-702-0779

> --
> Gabe Ormsby
> Web Project Coordinator
> 612-625-6221
> Office of the Senior Vice President for System Academic Administration
> University of Minnesota
> http://www.academic.umn.edu/system/

--
Dan Sagisser
Information Architect and Project Manager