There is an MIT course available through iTunes that will teach you the basics of setting up an iPhone application, but it's a few years old.
There are quite a few books out there on writing Objective-C applications in X-Code.  The Apple docs are a good place to start.

Most of these things assume a basic understanding of programming concepts (functions, classes, objects, recursion, models, views, controllers, etc...)

Somthing to think about: most new mobile apps are designed to run on iOS and Android, so you'll want to learn both platforms, or find a framework that can compile your app to run on both platforms.

It's a dark and twisted path your venturing down.  I wish you the best of luck.

--
Aaron