---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: KT Cragg <[log in to unmask]>

*The University of Minnesota is hosting a kick off event on March 30 to
advance its ongoing mobile initiative. The overarching vision behind the
mobile initiative is to create mobile-friendly infrastructure, resources,
and services that enable and encourage successful use of mobile technology
in pursuit of the University’s core academic mission. This event is a
coming together of the UMN IT community to discuss the future of mobile at
the University, and how we can move forward to ensure that the University
is poised to successfully use mobile technology. The vision for the mobile
initiative is located in the attached document.

We will be enlisting the Open Space Technology (OST) format for this event.
OST is an approach for hosting meetings focused on a specific and important
purpose—but beginning without any formal agenda, beyond the overall purpose
or theme. More about this event style can be found
here<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open-space_technology.>
.

Since we will be using the OST format, we encourage you to join us in
person. We welcome coordinate campus participation, either by coming to the
Twin Cities campus for the event, or by tuning in via social networking
(details forthcoming) or even more ambitiously, by hosting your own local
synchronous meetings (we will share event format details in the near
future).

Please feel free to attend all or a portion of the event as your schedule
allows. We plan to build an email list based on your interest in this
initiative. Please R.S.V.P.
here.<https://docs.google.com/a/umn.edu/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dFFvbTFMQXk1enQ4QUxMUU1tQ3VadkE6MQ#gid=0>
<https://docs.google.com/a/umn.edu/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dFFvbTFMQXk1enQ4QUxMUU1tQ3VadkE6MQ#gid=0>
Event details: