After enjoying seeing the Surf Scoter in Winona I decided to visit Lewiston
MN. I wanted to see if I could relocated the White-winged Dove that had
been seen there and also to see the Lewiston sewage ponds before they go
dry and we lose a reliable shore bird spot in Winona County.  At the sewage
ponds there were about 100 shorebirds and were mostly Greater and
Lesser Yellow-legs, Pectoral Sandpipers, Killdeer.1 Long-billed Dowitcher,
and 8 American Pipits.
I then drove into town and searched for the White-winged Dove. I saw  Rock
Doves, Mourning Doves, Eurasian Collared Doves, and then finally a glimpse
of a White-winged Dove as it flew away.  Tried re-finding it for about an
hour and then re-found it about1:50 pm across from the St. Johns Church
were I was able to see it very well about 15 feet away in a red maple tree.
Thanks to those who originally posted these birds.
--

THANK YOU,

*Scott A. Mehus*

*Education Director*