The Smith's Longspurs that were present at the grasslands NE of Comfrey a year ago have reappeared again this spring.  Last Saturday there was a flock of 6 in almost the same exact location.  Next Saturday, April 14th, I will be taking some birders to that location to look for more migrating Smith's Longspurs.  I'm sure we can accomodate more if there are other birders that would like to join in the search.  If you're interested, please e-mail me backchannel and we can discuss the details.  The general plan is to meet in Sleepy Eye at 10:30 a.m. and then drive to Longspur spot.

Good birding,

Brian Smith
Sleepy Eye