Today John Hockema and I birded Lyon County. We started at Garvin County Park south of Marshall. We found 2 male singing Cerulean Warblers in the park. Both were singing from the same area. They were in the campground, directly behind the campground host's camper. According to the MOU checklist of Lyon County, this could represent a second county record. They were singing constantly, and seemed to be on territory.
From there we headed to Camden State Park, and we took the trail from the horse camp along the creek, and about 150 yards in we heard a Spotted Towhee. It sang for us several times, and then flew past us out of view.
It was a fun morning in Lyon County! Hopefully the birds stick around for awhile for others to enjoy!

Ben Fritchman