I had the privilege of working with Herb Mohring when I first started working on congestion pricing issues at the Humphrey Institute.  I just learned from the Economics Department that he has passed away.

Lee

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Wendy Williamson <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 3:05 PM
Subject: [ECON-ALUMNI] Sad news
To: [log in to unmask]

Hello Everyone-

I write with some sad news to bring to your attention.  Herb Mohring passed away yesterday at the age of 83.  Herb was on the faculty from 1961 to 1994, retiring at age 65.

He was diagnosed with Alzheimer's about three years ago and was residing in Northfield in an assisted living facility near one of his sons (and family).

Josie Rawson, one of Herb's daughter-in-laws, sent the details below - the service is tentative - a full obituary will appear in Sunday June 10th's StarTribune.   We will send out the link to it next Monday.

The memorial service will likely be June 30, 2012 at 1425 East River Road in Minneapolis, Herb's long-time home and now the home of his son Andrew’s family.

Also, for those who might want to send a personal note to Herb’s family the mailing address is 119 Winona Street, Northfield, MN  55057-2232.

Anyone wishing to send email condolences can send them to [log in to unmask] and we will send on to the family.

Sara and Wendy

Sara Shuford
Assistant to the Chair
Department of Economics

--
Wendy Williamson
Dept. of Economics

Lee W. Munnich, Jr.
Senior Fellow and Director
State and Local Policy Program
Hubert H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs
University of Minnesota
280 Humphrey Center
301-19th Ave. S.
Minneapolis, MN 55455