Dear Web Developers,

Environments for Humans is sponsoring an exciting 3-day online web
conference, *CSS Summit 2012*, beginning next Tuesday, July 31. Each day's
presentations run from 9 to 4 (central time).

The conference has an impressive lineup of speakers and topics. See for
yourself: *http://environmentsforhumans.com/2012/css-summit/*<http://environmentsforhumans.com/2012/css-summit/>

*Contribute to a Ticket*
University Relations is interested in sharing the purchase of a 3-day
meeting room ticket for $1,279.00. This would allow us to fill a room with
as many people as would like to attend.

If your unit is interested and can contribute toward the price of the
ticket, *please indicate your
interest<https://docs.google.com/a/umn.edu/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dG1EUmp2Z3BaZVgtS2xmbTh6cS1VMGc6MA>
* as soon as possible. We'd like to get commitments from at least 10 other
units to make the per-unit cost reasonable (in the neighborhood of $100 per
unit).

*Deadline*
*Sign up<https://docs.google.com/a/umn.edu/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dG1EUmp2Z3BaZVgtS2xmbTh6cS1VMGc6MA>
* (indicate your unit's interest and commitment) no later than *Thursday,
July 26*.

This is very short notice (sorry, just found out about it this morning!) so
we'd like to hear from you asap. We all have busy schedules and blocking
off 3 days for a conference is a challenge!

*Details*

   - You will be contacted on Friday, July 27. At that point we will know
   if we have enough participants to make this financially possible. The
   location will also be confirmed.
   - You can send as many people as you'd like from your unit, just let us
   know how many. You can come and go to see only the sessions you're
   interested in.
   - We will probably schedule this in a room in the Student Services and
   Science Teaching building.
   - Unfortunately we will not be able to broadcast this to other
   locations, but there will be recordings of each session available.
   (Contributions toward the cost from people who cannot attend in person will
   be less than if you were there in person.)
   - If you do not use Google Docs, you may not be able to use the
   registration form. Please contact me personally and I will add you to the
   list.

This message has been sent to these listservs:
  Communicators Forum
  Web Standards
  Code People

Please feel free to pass it along to any other University lists or people.

*Sign up today<https://docs.google.com/a/umn.edu/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dG1EUmp2Z3BaZVgtS2xmbTh6cS1VMGc6MA>
!*

Kathy

--