I can't be at the meeting today, so I hope that someone can make an ann= ouncement on my behalf and that of the CODE-PEOPLE committee. Our next meet= ing is all about JavaScript, and the main speaker will be Zachary Johnson, = one of the founders of WEB-STANDARDS, so it should be of interest to many i= n this group. We also strongly invite people to give lightning talks about = JavaScript.

Below is the draft meeting announcement. I'll forward th= e official announcement once it goes out, too.

Tha= nk you!
David Naughton
Web Development
Univer= sity of Minnesota Libraries

--

Our next meeting will be Thursday October = 4th from 9:30-11:30am in 402 Walter Library.
We= =E2=80=99ll be exploring a popular and powerful server-side Javascript soft= ware environment, node.js, and related tools with our guest speaker, Zachar= y Johnson. Zach is a local freelance software developer with a deep love fo= r and a ton of experience with Javascript, node and related technologies. = =C2=A0Zach will tell us a little bit about why and when he chooses node and= will demonstrate both his development process and completed Node projects.= =C2=A0It promises to be an exciting ride!

We would also like to encourage you to share your experiences with J= avascript MVC frameworks, server side Javascript or any cool Javascript pro= jects on which you might be working. =C2=A0We will reserve fifteen minutes = or so for you to share this work through lightning talks.

Finally, we will break into small groups to explore, document and re= port back on your challenges and opportunities presented by the highly dyna= mic contemporary Javascript development scene.

Please feel free to join us for lunch even if you can=E2=80=99t make= the meeting!

- Code People Committee

9:30 - 10:15 Zach=E2=80=99= s Presentation
10:15 - 10:30 Lightning Talks
10:30 - 11:00 Group discussions
11:30 - Lunch @ Burrito Loco