Hey everyone,

I just wanted to let you know about two upcoming lectures.  First is a post-election wrap-up lecture, cosponsored by AMA, that will go over how the results of the election will impact medicine in Minnesota and the US as a whole. This lecture is in 2-530 starting at 12:15 and will feature Bun Mi sandwiches!

Second is a lecture sponsored by Minnesota Medical Leaders featuring Maryn McKenna, a well-known journalist for WiredScientific American, and many other journals, most recently contributing to  NatureShe is also the author of the books Beating Back the Devil and Superbug.  She typically focuses on epidemics and other major issues associated with infectious disease and public health, having worked with the CDC and many other collaborative organizations.  Details on that lecture are below.

Date: Friday, November 30th, 2012
Time: 4:00pm
Location: Mayo 3-100
Topic: Maryn McKenna will be focusing on the different infectious diseases that are currently problematic in America, and how she uses social networking and journalism to reach out to the general public by taking complex scientific information and breaking it down into a digestible and interesting format. She will also be more than happy to answer any questions that audience members may have.
Maryn McKenna's Website: http://marynmckenna.com
Updates: If anything changes, updates will be available at: http://mnmedicalleaders.drupalgardens.com/content/maryn-mckenna-coming-u-mn

As always, feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns!
Nathan Wanderman