Sorry, but I wasn’t near a computer yesterday.

I found a Boreal Owl on the intersection of Hwy 210 and 240th Place about 2 miles west of McGregor yesterday morning. First seen about 10 am it was still there at noon, but was gone when I got off work at 5 pm. There is lots of bog and jackpine, so it has plenty of places to be that are not right on the highway, so it could still be around. Interestingly, this is the same area where one was found dead in late February. That one was only about a mile from the highway, also on 240th Place.

Also, had a second hand report of a Northern Hawk Owl about 10 miles south of McGregor on Hwy 65.

Cindy Risen
Tamarack, Eastern Aitkin County, MN
NatureScape Tours