Print

I saw the two White-faced Ibis that Steve Midthune had reported on 330th
Street 1/2 mile east of Hwy 59 about 10:00 this morning.  Hamden Slough had
large numbers of waterfowl.  Other birds of interest at Hamdel Slough were
2 Willets, 2 Sandhill Cranes, and 1 Greater Prairie Chicken.

I saw many Common Loons flying about eastern Clay and westerm Becker
County.  I imagine that they were looking for open water.  I checked Dunton
Locks County Park south of Detroit Lakes and a small patch of open water
there held 13 Common Loons and numerous Common Mergansers, Red-breasted
Mergansers, Horned Grebes, and a single Western Grebe.  Diving ducks were
also abundant.

 Mark Otnes
Fargo, ND
701-241-4194