University Relations has added an official University header and footer template to Google sites.
This new template includes branded elements coupled with a fluid
design that can accommodate either a horizontal or a sidebar navigation
Template features include:
official University websites created using Google sites should use an
official web header and footer. This is the first of at least two header
and footer templates we plan to create. More information and guidelines can be found on the template itself.
- the University's block M, wordmark, and Driven to Discover on a maroon background in the header.
- horizontal navigation, which can be changed to sidebar navigation or a Google gadget navigation if desired.
- a search field that allows users to search only the Google site they're on, search all University
Google sites, or search umn.edu websites.
- a fluid design that adjusts the site content to
display based on browser size or device (in other words, it will work well on a phone).
- links to One Stop, myU, and the campuses above the footer.
- the official University footer.
To use the new template, go into the University's Google sites: https://sites.google.com/a/umn.edu
Hit the "Create" button, then click on the "Browse gallery for more" link.
You'll be presented with a long list of templates. Choose the template named "UofM Official Google Sites Template I" (currently at the bottom of the list).
As always, we'd like to make University branding choices that are easy for you to use. Please email us at [log in to unmask] if you have any suggestions for changes or improvements to the header and footer included in this template.
Marketing & E-Communications
University of Minnesota