The Smith's (a pair) found today along a ditch North of the WPA parking lot.  A Wilson's Phalarope was spinning nearby.
------Original Message------
From: jerry pruett
Sender: Rare Bird Alert
To: [log in to unmask]
ReplyTo: jerry pruett
Subject: [mou-rba] [mou-net] Smith's and Chestnut-collared Longspur's
Sent: May 5, 2013 9:35 PM

Hi All,
Today Jim Peterson and I happened to be near the area where Tom Dahle et.
al. reported the Smith's Longspurs. We arrived there about 6 pm and, with
some direction from a fellow birder from the area, Mike, we began walking
slowly through the grassy area where the Smith's were foraging. As we
stalked through the grass I was surprised to see a Chestnut-collared
Longspur male in breeding plumage scurrying along in front of me. I had
excellent looks before it flew ahead of me and relanded in the grass. I did
not pursue it as I still hadn't found a Smith's, which was a life bird for
me. It took us some time to finally see a Smith's. Consequently the
Chestnut-collared Longspur was not refound.
Thanks to Tom and Chris for reporting the Smith's area at Lincoln WPA.
-jerry pruett
--
chance favors the prepared mind

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T