Colleagues,

The Academic Health Center Office of Communications at the University of
Minnesota is looking for a *Web Project Manager/Content Strategist
*(requisition
# 184851). Please share with anyone who may be interested; full description
is at: http://employment.umn.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=111800

Apply online at http://employment.umn.edu/ with resume, cover letter,
references, and work samples by *Thursday, June 13, 2013*.

This is an exciting time to join the Academic Health Center web team, with
some major projects ahead. The Office of Communications has a great team
environment and creative culture. The position reports to me, and you can
direct any questions to me at [log in to unmask] Position is located on the
University of Minnesota East Bank campus, Minneapolis. More info is below.

Thanks,
Rebecca

*ABOUT THE POSITION*

The *web project manager/content strategist *is a key member of the web
team, which consists of the assistant director for web communications,
another web project manager/content strategist, web technician, web
designer, and web developer. We provide critical support for the health
sciences web presence at the University of Minnesota, covering the Academic
Health Center's college/schools, departments, centers, and more, that serve
audiences including students, residents, patients, health care providers,
researchers, alumni, and community members.

Focus of the position is:

   - Project management (40%)
   - Content planning/development and managing editor of health.umn.edu(30%)
   - Web resource development (30%)

This role will:

   - Be managing editor for the website, health.umn.edu (currently under
   revision)
   - Help develop a web process for creating and revising websites across
   the Academic Health Center (AHC), primarily guiding information
   architecture, content strategy and development, facilitating work-sessions,
   and establishing and supporting website management.
   - Lead web projects, sometimes serving as a point person and internal
   project manager working with external vendor(s)
   - Contribute to strategy, planning, and overall direction for the web
   team's efforts; collaborate with colleagues and bring contributor and
   audience needs to the team, serving as an advocate for our partners and
   audiences.

RELATED INFO:

   - Academic Health Center (AHC) Office of Communications:
   z.umn.edu/communications
   - AHC Web Resource Hub: z.umn.edu/webhub
   - Health website: health.umn.edu
   - Health Talk blog: health.umn.edu/healthtalk

The Office of Communications has embarked on a large-scale project to
improve the Academic Health Center's extensive web presence. Over the next
few years, we will revise our sites into a new, responsive web theme,
Nokomis (z.umn.edu/ahcnokomistour), implemented on the University's new
Drupal CMS platform. As part of this, we are currently revising the
health.umn.edu website to put its focus on helping audiences find the
answers/information they seek and showcasing the University's impact across
the health sciences. We also are currently creating an Academic Health
Center Resource Hub to be a go-to source for employees.

Several other major projects that this position will be closely engaged in
include working with external vendors on a web ecosystem strategy, a
Medical School website strategy and content plan, common page type
templates, and a shared faculty/staff bios/profiles database; implementing
and launching a renovated Medical School website based on the
strategy/content plan; and developing the process, approach, and schedule
for converting our websites while improving them in the process.

--
Rebecca Noran
assistant director for web communications

*Discover more* about medical and health sciences at the University of
Minnesota:
*health.umn.edu* | Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/umnhealth> |
Twitter<https://twitter.com/#%21/UMN_Health>|
YouTube <http://www.youtube.com/uofmahc> |
Pinterest<http://pinterest.com/umnhealth/>|
Flickr <http://www.flickr.com/photos/46426648@N08/>

Ready to get real about innovation? Visit *z.umn.edu/innovate* to learn
about a way to advance ideas that make an impact.