Colleagues,

The Academic Health Center Office of Communications at the University of Minnesota is looking for a Web Project Manager/Content Strategist (requisition # 184851). Please share with anyone who may be interested; full description is at: http://employment.umn.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=111800

Apply online at http://employment.umn.edu/ with resume, cover letter, references, and work samples by Thursday, June 13, 2013.

This is an exciting time to join the Academic Health Center web team, with some major projects ahead. The Office of Communications has a great team environment and creative culture. The position reports to me, and you can direct any questions to me at [log in to unmask]. Position is located on the University of Minnesota East Bank campus, Minneapolis. More info is below.

Thanks,
Rebecca

ABOUT THE POSITION

The web project manager/content strategist is a key member of the web team, which consists of the assistant director for web communications, another web project manager/content strategist, web technician, web designer, and web developer. We provide critical support for the health sciences web presence at the University of Minnesota, covering the Academic Health Center's college/schools, departments, centers, and more, that serve audiences including students, residents, patients, health care providers, researchers, alumni, and community members.

Focus of the position is:
  • Project management (40%)
  • Content planning/development and managing editor of health.umn.edu (30%)
  • Web resource development (30%)
This role will:
  • Be managing editor for the website, health.umn.edu (currently under revision)
  • Help develop a web process for creating and revising websites across the Academic Health Center (AHC), primarily guiding information architecture, content strategy and development, facilitating work-sessions, and establishing and supporting website management.
  • Lead web projects, sometimes serving as a point person and internal project manager working with external vendor(s)
  • Contribute to strategy, planning, and overall direction for the web team's efforts; collaborate with colleagues and bring contributor and audience needs to the team, serving as an advocate for our partners and audiences.
RELATED INFO:
The Office of Communications has embarked on a large-scale project to improve the Academic Health Center's extensive web presence. Over the next few years, we will revise our sites into a new, responsive web theme, Nokomis (z.umn.edu/ahcnokomistour), implemented on the University's new Drupal CMS platform. As part of this, we are currently revising the health.umn.edu website to put its focus on helping audiences find the answers/information they seek and showcasing the University's impact across the health sciences. We also are currently creating an Academic Health Center Resource Hub to be a go-to source for employees.

Several other major projects that this position will be closely engaged in include working with external vendors on a web ecosystem strategy, a Medical School website strategy and content plan, common page type templates, and a shared faculty/staff bios/profiles database; implementing and launching a renovated Medical School website based on the strategy/content plan; and developing the process, approach, and schedule for converting our websites while improving them in the process.

--
Rebecca Noran
assistant director for web communications

Discover more about medical and health sciences at the University of Minnesota:
health.umn.edu | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Pinterest | Flickr

Ready to get real about innovation? Visit z.umn.edu/innovate to learn about a way to advance ideas that make an impact.