Print

When I came home from work tonight, I flushed several mourning doves from the road going through my housing development.  When I got to the turn near my house, I looked up to the top of a tree, and there sat a Eurasian Collared-Dove.  I didn't stop, so I wouldn't flush it, so drove down the block a ways and whipped a U-ee.

Drove back a ways and positioned the car so I could get a better look with binocs.  Sure enough, my drive-by I.D. was right on.  Later, it flew right over my house.  NEW YARD BIRD!

Betsy Beneke
St. Cloud, Benton County