The Institute on Community Integration (ICI) is seeking a Developer 2. We are a small shop, but committed to maximizing our use of technology to effectively disseminate the work we do. Currently, there are 2 other developers on staff, a graphic designer, a user interface engineer, a media developer and a film producer. The position has a great deal of flexibility in terms of working arrangements and offers a lot of variety in work projects. The person in this role will have a lot of influence in shaping the future direction of our institute as it relates to technology.

In addition to what is contained in the job posting, here are a few other details about the job:

One of the primary responsibilities of this position is to manage all aspects of a custom object oriented PHP framework. This framework is the backbone of our main site: ici.umn.edu. While this framework is up and mostly working well, we are still interested in moving the entire site to an open source framework solution such as Symfony.

The other primary responsibility is to develop a robust data driven site, also based on an object oriented framework, for a large high-profile dataset. This site will have a number of user-generated report features and will rely heavily on data visualization.

If you have additional questions about the position, feel free to contact me via email: [log in to unmask] I would not bother to call me as I rarely check my voicemail.

To review the entire posting, go here: https://employment.umn.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/position/JobDetails_css.jsp

The Institute on Community Integration (ICI) is a multi-disciplinary research center that works with service providers, educators, advocacy and self-advocacy organizations, policy makers, and researchers around the world to provide research-based information on practices that support the community integration of individuals of all ages with disabilities.

Please feel free to forward this email to anyone within or outside the university who may be interested in this position.

Thanks,
Kristin
Kristin Dean, M.S.
Director of DirectCourse at the University of Minnesota
Research and Training Center on Community Living
Institute on Community Integration(UCEDD)
150 Pillsbury  Dr. SE
212 Pattee Hall
Minneapolis, MN 55455
612-624-7621