From: Minnesota Birds [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Holly
Peirson
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2014 5:02 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [mou-net] Snowy Owl "story" overheard

Tuesday, on a trip to Costco in Maplewood, I overheard the gas attendant say
that there were 2 "snow owls nesting" near Dale and Hwy 36.

I was cold and it was windy and he was already 3 cars back, so I didn't ask
more about his 'story.'

I know they are summer nesters, and all about the irruption this year. I
also know they are usually loners when coming south.

But: Are there any snowy owls near that intersection in Roseville, or
nearby?

Holly Peirson
Columbus, SE Anoka Co.