To re-use a phrase I used a month or so ago, I had a fairly successful day
searching for Snowy Owls today.

Early this afternoon, I relocated the Snowy that Ron Erpelding had reported
on February 2nd from NE Pope County.  The owl was in exactly the same
location as it had been when Ron found it - on 110th St. 1/2 mile east of
CR33 about 50 yards off the road on the south side.

Around 3:20 in the afternoon, I found a Snowy Owl in Swift County along
110th Ave SE (CR85) which is north of Murdock.  It was 0.2 miles south of
30th St SE (CR16), and on the ground about 300 yards to the west.  While I
was writing down the location, the owl departed and I did not see in what
direction it went.

Shortly after 5:00, I found a Snowy Owl in western Chippewa County 0.6 miles
east of CR6 along 10 St. NW.  This owl was sitting alongside of a drainage
ditch about 300 yards to the north side of the road.  Please note that there
is a 10 St. SW two miles to the south, and the street signs on both simply
say 10 St., so check your maps.

Finally, at 6:00 I relocated a Snowy Owl in Yellow Medicine County that Ron
Erpelding had reported a month ago.  This is on 260th Ave. 0.3 miles west of
500th St.  The Owl was on the ground about 200 yards to the south.

Herb Dingmann
St. Cloud