Check out the video, too!

From: Wildlife Rehab Center [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2014 11:51 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Red-throated Loon Makes A First Winter Appearance

Having problems viewing our graphical email? Click here <http://createsend.showtheworld.com.au/t/r-e-pdilra-bdkkhulr-r/>  to open it in your browser.

  <https://i5.createsend1.com/ti/r/48/49C/55B/091112/images/spacer.gif>

 <http://createsend.showtheworld.com.au/t/r-l-pdilra-bdkkhulr-d/> Wildlife Rehabilitation Center of Minnesota

 loon <https://i1.createsend1.com/ei/r/86/409/742/csimport/rtloonhdr.130355.jpg>

  <https://i5.createsend1.com/ti/r/48/49C/55B/091112/images/spacer.gif>

Red-throated Loon Recuperates at WRC

  <https://i2.createsend1.com/ei/r/86/409/742/csimport/loonhead.130407.jpg>

Every now and then something arrives at the Center that creates a bit of a stir. Either something that we don't see often or some animal with an interesting story behind it.

This year we've seen blonde raccoons, a bear cub, a fisher, porcupines and now? A Red-throated Loon: A state bird record.

According to the records of the Minnesota Ornithologists' Union (MOU), there's never been a Red-throated Loon sighted in Minnesota from late November through early April. Pretty exciting!

It's even more exciting because the bird isn't badly injured - it's merely thin and had grounded itself (and in the process damaged some primaries).

These loons are seen throughout Lake Michigan in the winter and we'd surmise that with the Great Lakes freezing up this year, many waterfowl are being displaced.

Red-throated Loons are the smallest of all loons and nest in the Arctic Circle, migrating to the east and west coasts.

 <http://createsend.showtheworld.com.au/t/r-l-pdilra-bdkkhulr-h/> You can watch a video of it catching fish in its pool here. (Speaking of fish, if any of you are still ice-fishing for panfish, we can use live small ones for the loon!)

Keep up with the loon's progress on our  <http://createsend.showtheworld.com.au/t/r-l-pdilra-bdkkhulr-k/> Facebook page.

  <https://i8.createsend1.com/ti/r/48/49C/55B/091112/images/wrcmn_curve.jpg>

  <https://i5.createsend1.com/ti/r/48/49C/55B/091112/images/spacer.gif>

 <http://createsend.showtheworld.com.au/t/r-l-pdilra-bdkkhulr-u/> Donate Now!

  <https://i5.createsend1.com/ti/r/48/49C/55B/091112/images/spacer.gif>

  <https://i5.createsend1.com/ti/r/48/49C/55B/091112/images/spacer.gif>

  <https://i7.createsend1.com/ti/r/48/49C/55B/091112/images/wrcmn_bottom_white.jpg>

Forward this to a friend <http://wildliferehabilitationcenterofminnesota.forwardtomyfriend.com/r-bdkkhulr-5DFFE808-pdilra-l-t>

Thank you for sharing our passion for wildlife. We appreciate all contributions <http://createsend.showtheworld.com.au/t/r-l-pdilra-bdkkhulr-o/>  toward our patients' care and encourage you to visit our Web site <http://createsend.showtheworld.com.au/t/r-l-pdilra-bdkkhulr-b/>  for more information.

You've received this email because you've expressed an interest in receiving electronic mail from the Wildlife Rehabilitation Center of Minnesota, 2530 Dale St., Roseville, MN 55113 <http://createsend.showtheworld.com.au/t/r-l-pdilra-bdkkhulr-m/> . If you wish to unsubscribe, click here <http://createsend.showtheworld.com.au/t/r-u-pdilra-bdkkhulr-i/> . Questions? Contact us via email <mailto:[log in to unmask]>  or call 651-486-9410 x114.

Copyright © 2009 Wildlife Rehabilitation Center of Minnesota. All rights reserved.
 <http://createsend.showtheworld.com.au/t/r-l-pdilra-bdkkhulr-c/> Newsletter Software by Show The World

  <https://createsend1.com/t/r-o-pdilra-bdkkhulr/o.gif>