Hotline: Minnesota Statewide
Date: March 27, 2014
Sponsor: Minnesota Ornithologists' Union (MOU) http://moumn.org
Reports: (763) 780-8890
Compiler: Anthony Hertzel ([log in to unmask])

This is the Minnesota Birding Report for Thursday March 27th, 2014.

This is my 999th week as your statewide RBA compiler.

On March 27th, the LEWIS'S WOODPECKER was still visiting Janet
Anderson's feeders in the town of Roosevelt. This is along Roseau County
Road 17 just north of highway 11 and the bird is at the first house on
the left after passing over railroad tracks. Please do not call or
bother the Andersons in the evenings, and note that the bird had also
been reported at the house directly to the east in Lake of the Woods
County.

Tim Lamey reported four NORTHERN HAWK OWLS on March 23rd, all along U.S.
Highway 2. In St. Louis County, he found two — 4.1 miles and 4.9 miles
west of Floodwood. And in Itasca County, one was 2.2 miles and another
was 3.1 miles west of state highway 200.

The only other reports I have this week are of northbound migrants.
Included in those are new observations of GREATER SCAUP, RING-NECKED
DUCK, TURKEY VULTURE, GREAT EGRET, GREAT BLUE HERON, KILLDEER, AMERICAN
KESTREL, EASTERN PHOEBE, EASTERN BLUEBIRD, AMERICAN TREE SPARROW, and
COMMON GRACKLE.

The next scheduled update is Thursday April 3rd, 2014.