Two American Avocets were found on the north side of Loon
Hey birders,

Two American Avocets were found on the north side of Loon Lake east of Lake Crystal at 9:00am this morning.  The birds were in a flooded field on the south side of 196th Street east of CR114.

An additional flock of 7 American Avocets flew over my head while surveying at Evans Slough WPA (137th Street west of CR32).

My students and I had several new arrivals today during our survey work and ended up with over 100 species for the day in spite of the severe thunderstorm that ended it for us a little after 2:00pm.

Happy birding!

Chad Heins
Mankato, MN

"But ask the animals and they will teach you, or the birds of the air, and they will tell you; Which of all these does not know that the hand of the Lord has done this?" --Job 12:7, 9