Dear Probeusers,

I stumbled upon this listing for the positions as electron microprobe lab manager at the University of Notre Dame. It went public two days ago and it will close already in two days. However, I thought I circulate it regardless.

More information here: https://jobs.nd.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/position/JobDetails_css.jsp?postingId=230254

The University of Notre Dame (ND.jobs) is accepting applications for a Microprobe Program Manager.

Applications will be accepted until July 11, 2014.

This position will carry out all laboratory procedures in the newly established Elecron Microprobe (EMP) Laboratory within the Notre Dame Integrated Imaging Facility (NDIIF). The candidate will facilitate the move of the equipment to Notre Dame and assist with the installation and set up of the laboratory. The EMP Manager will be responsible for the maintenance and operation of the laboratory for three years on a part-time basis (3 days per week). This position will also be responsible for training faculty and staff to operate the equipment.

***A preferred candidate has been identified***

MINIMUM QUALIFICATION
Ph.D. in relevant science or engineering discipline.

Candidate must have experience with electron microprobe equipment. Candidate must be capable of working with a broad range of researchers. Candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.

ABOUT NOTRE DAME:

The University of Notre Dame, founded in 1842 by Rev. Edward F. Sorin, C.S.C., of the Congregation of Holy Cross, is an independent, national Catholic university located in Notre Dame, Ind. For the fifth consecutive year, the University of Notre Dame has received Honor Roll distinctions as one of the top 10 higher education workplaces in the country in the Chronicle of Higher Education's annual "Great Colleges to Work For" survey...and we are proud of it!

The University of Notre Dame seeks to attract, develop, and retain the highest quality staff and administration. Toward this end, the University shall continue its commitments to equal employment opportunities and affirmative action goals.

APPLICATION PROCESS:
Please apply online at http://ND.jobs to Job # 14419. For additional information about working at the University of Notre Dame and various benefits available to employees, please visit http://hr.nd.edu/why-nd. The University of Notre Dame supports the needs of dual career couples and has a Dual Career Assistance Program in place to assist relocating spouses and significant others with their job search.

The University of Notre Dame is committed to diversity in its staff, faculty, and student body. As such, we strongly encourage applications from members of minority groups, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and others who will enhance our community. The University of Notre Dame, an international Catholic research university, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.

--
Dr. Anette von der Handt

Department of Earth Sciences
University of Minnesota
310 Pillsbury Drive SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455

Office phone: (612) 624-7370
Office fax: (612) 625-3819
Lab phone: (612) 624-3539
**** JEOL Probe Users Listserver

Moderator: Anette von der Handt, [log in to unmask], Electron Microprobe Lab, University of Minnesota